Thursday, September 24, 2009

7.4.2009

Filmed on the 4th of July was the wedding of Maria and David Andrew. Probably one of the most extravagant weddings I have seen in a long time. Set at the home of Maria's grandfather and rightly so. He has a beautiful home right on the Glen Oaks Golf Course in Des Moines. This place was amazing! Someday I aspire to have an elevator in my house as well.

I arrived at about 9 a.m. and ended up being there for just over 13 hours that day. But I wouldn't have had it any other way. Maria and David were such a pleasure to work with! Another thing that can make or break your experience at a wedding is the photographer(s) you are with for the day. In the case of this wedding I believe everyone hit the jackpot and had the pleasure of working with Rebecca and Holleen of Blind Photography in Des Moines. They not only take amazing photos but are an absolute blast to work with! With both of them snapping photos throughout your day you simply couldn't go wrong. Not to mention that they are probably the coolest photographers around. I met them for the first time in the morning during the earlier portion of the day that was spent with the girls getting ready downstairs. Maria had a great affection for 80's music, which is awesome by the way, so there was plenty of that to be heard while hairspray was being applied. Your classic favorites mixed with the appropriate amount of Michael Jackson as this was just after his passing. It was a wonderful way to kick off the day!

At some point in the morning one of the flowergirls found a baby frog and I happend to be there when they did. As the day went on I would check back and see how things were coming. The ended up naming the frog 'Princess' and decorated her temporary home (a cup) with stickers. It was pretty cute. Now why would I tell you all that without showing it to you? That would just be wrong. Take a look!


The ceremony itself was fantastic! The setting was by the pool in the back of the house. There had been moments of rain earlier on in the day but come ceremony time it was nowhere to be seen. It's funny how that just works out most of the time. Once the ceremony was over everyone moved into the house for cocktails and conversations. While they were occupied inside the best wedding planner I know, with the help of her staff, transformed the site of the wedding into the perfect reception. Her name is Cynthia Betts. Prior to meeting her I didn't quite understand what it was that a wedding planner did. Now that I know, and have seen her work, I can't imagine someone not having one. She does an amazing job every time and is nothing short of a miracle worker!

I could go on and on about this wedding but I suppose I will just let the Highlight Video speak for itself. I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. such an amazing day and thanks to you we can remember it often!! thank you so much - you were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete