Thursday, September 17, 2009

5.30.2009

Ashley & Damu

Here is the wedding I filmed on May 30th, 2009. To this day this wedding stands to be one of the most exciting and original I have been honored to film. Excitement was in the air! Everyone was having such a great time celebrating the couple. Never before had I been to a wedding where the friends and family displayed such an exuberance of joy for the newlyweds. To say spirits were high would be an understatement.

Going in I knew a bit about the family and the setting but what I did not know is how much they LOVED the camera! Talk about a great day to be a videographer! My first hint was when Damu and one of this groomsmen busted into song without any planning or notice. They were simply displaying some dance moves for the camera and each other in the background when Damu basically said, "...hit this harmony real quick." It was at that moment that I knew the rest of the day would have more in store for me than I had anticipated. They didn't ask me for a highlight video but I had to make one anyway. I couldn't make it too long so a lot of the great moments are left out but it definitely gives you an idea of how amazing this couple was.


Another first for me was being at a reception that transformed into a nightclub at the flick of a switch. If you watched the video you probably had a sense of what I am talking about. There were times I couldn't even walk through the dance floor. It was fantastic! So many people were in the mood to dance!

I have to give credit where it is due. The DJ that they had is one of the best I have worked with in years. His name is Raines Sackett and is the owner of Encore Entertainment in Cedar Rapids. He has an amazing setup of lights and the best song selection known to man. If you are getting married in Iowa and are looking for a DJ... Look no further. Contact Raines at EncoreEntertainmentLLC@mchsi.com or (319) 431-6323.

Ashley and Damu were a fantastic couple to work with. This was definitely a wedding I will remember for a long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment